I found this funny letter from a man called Banta Singh from Punjab, India to Mr. Bill Gates of the Microsoft Corporation on another website. It made my day, so I thought that you’d like it.
Subject: Problems with my new computer
Dear Mr. Bill Gates,
We have bought a computer for our home and we have found some problems, which I want to bring to your notice:
1. After connecting to internet we planned to open e-mail account and whenever we fill the form in Hotmail in the password column, only appears, but in the rest of the fields whatever we typed appears, but we face this problem only in password field. We checked with hardware vendor Santa Singh and he said that there is no problem in keyboard. Because of this we open the e-mail account with password *****. I request you to check this as we ourselves do not know what the password is.
2. We are unable to enter anything after we click the ‘shut down ‘ button.
3. There is a ’start’ button but there is no ’stop’ button. We request you to check this.
4. One doubt is whether any “re-scooter” is available in the system? I find only “re-cycle”, but I own a scooter at my home.
5. There is ‘Find’ button but it is not working properly. My wife lost the door key and we tried a lot to trace the key with this ‘find’ button, but was unable to trace. Please rectify this problem.
6. My child learnt ‘Microsoft word’ now he wants to learn ‘Microsoft sentence’, so when will you provide that?
7. I bought a computer, CPU, mouse and keyboard, but there is only one icon which shows ‘My Computer’: when will you provide the remaining items?
8. Every night I am not sleeping as I have to protect my ‘mouse’ from CAT, So I suggest u to provide one DOG to kill that cat.
9. It is surprising that windows says ‘MY Pictures’ but there is not even a single photo of mine. So when will you keep my photo in that?
10. There is ‘MICROSOFT OFFICE’ what about ‘MICROSOFT HOME’ since I use the PC at home only.
11. You provided ‘My recent Documents’. When will you provide ‘My Past Documents’?
12. You provide ‘My Network Places’. For God’s sake, please Do not provide ‘My Secret Places’. I do not want to let my wife know where I go after my office hours.
Ps: Last one to Mr. Bill Gates: Sir, how is it that your name is Gates but you are selling WINDOWS?